Kitchen Remodeling Contractors Summerfield FL
Ocala Custom Cabinets
SW 46th Ct
Ramp And Associates Llc
4515 Se 8th St
Mts Construction Group
2211 Ne 45th Ave
Florida Signature Home Builders, Inc.
PO Box 772293
Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling, New Home Construction, Garage Construction
8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m M-F
Countertop Shop Of Ocala
1041 Ne 14th St
Ars Natural Stone
2860 US Highway 441 27 Fruitland Park
Granite Cabinate Plus
1601 Sw 18th Ave
Aaa Kitchen Cabinets Corp
2501 Sw 57th Ave
Classic Kitchens Inc
3100 Ne 70th St
Magma Granite and Marble
4370 NE 35th St
Granite Countertops, Cabinetry, Silestone Countertops, Solid Surface Countertops
Mon - Fri 9 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Green Your Kitchen
Written by Colleen Donnelly for Your Daily Thread
When it comes to green savvy, your kitchen space is totally dialed in. You are, after all, a die-hard Your Daily Thread reader. From upgrading to energy efficient appliances to ditching plastic for glass and abandoning toxic chemicals for natural cleaners, you have the basics down pat. But what about those not-so-obvious tricks? Here’s our list of five creative ways to green your kitchen.
- Wrap it Up. Forget your reusable bags again? It’s OK—we all do one time or another. When you do, opt for the grocer’s paper bags and reuse them to wrap hostess gifts in replace of wrapping paper, instantly update potted plants with an organic touch or as an inexpensive replacement to parchment paper for baking purposes. Just stick to temps below 450 degrees. Otherwise, your oven will be up in flames.
- Get Uncorked. What better excuse to drink organic wine than an art project? Save the landfills and create a DIY cork board made of old wine corks for an artsy way to post recipes, goals, save-the-dates and pics of the fam and friends.
- Liquor’s Second Life. Well done! You’ve polished off that wine for the cork board project. Reuse your empty wine and liquor bottles as vases to deck out your dining room table. Originality is key here so who cares if they don’t match? Mix and mingle the sizes and shapes and you’ll make Nate Berkus so proud!
- Coffee Grounds to the Rescue! Garlic and onion stinkin’ up your cutting board and hands? Step away from the soap, which has been known to clog our sewers. Instead, give everything a good rub with your morning coffee grounds. Not only do the grounds cut the stubborn scent, they’re biodegradable, too! Add the rest of your used grounds to your indoor/outdoor plants or compost (sparingly—no more than twice per month) to give them the beneficial nitrogen they need to grow strong and hearty. Beats fertilizer any day.
- Farewell Fruit Flies. You love summer. But what you don’t love are t...
Click here to read the rest of this article from The Healthy Voyager