Fitness Travel Gear Kewanee IL
Shabbona Creek RV Inc
17982 East 2350th Street
Spirits in the Oaks Inc
27340 East 1350th Street
B & B Lawn Equipment & Cyclery
820 South Chicago Street
Heller On Wheels
24779 Grange Road
Dick's Sporting Goods
Orland Park Place
Orland Park, IL
J & B Tackle Company
206 Wayne Street
Main Street Motors
412 West Main Street
420 West Main Street
EIU Girl's Soccer Camp
600 Lincoln Avenue
Heartland Community College Boy's Summer Soccer Camp
Nord Fields on Rabbit Hill Rd. @ E.1200 North Rd.
Fitting In Fitness: Summer Travel
So summertime means bathing suits and skimpier clothing in general. That means watching what we eat and even more so, working out. People always want to look toned and trim and unfortunately, you gotta go the extra mile and add some extra spice to your workouts to do that. And that’s hard to do with work, social engagements and travel, especially over the summer while it’s hot as Hades outside. It’s important to be sure that once summer is over that you don’t quit your routine as it will be that much harder to get back on the horse when winter melts away next year. It also keeps you from over eating or eating junk because you’re keeping yourself accountable by sticking to a workout routine. But since it’s summer and we want to play more then be indoors running on a treadmill, here are a few things you can do that count as working out, getting active, and still enjoying your summertime activities & travels. Don’t get caught up in the idea that the exercise has to be a consistent 30 minutes. Recreational activities can also be exercise and doing something is better than nothing. Ten minutes or so a few times throughout the day will add up!
Going to the lake or hangin’ by the ocean or pool this summer? Great!
- Water is a perfect place to exercise in the heat and humidity of summer. Swimming or treading water is a great way to work the cardiovascular system, If you are boating, go out to an area, stop the boat and anchor, and do some swimming.
- Canoeing is great for an all-over body workout. Many lakeside facilities offer rentals and lessons so take advantage of this if you can. It’s great for the shoulders, it’s also great core, great obliques, and great back work. It also makes the legs work as stabilizers.
- Kids like to throw rocks into the water and guess what, it can be a work out! Go out waist deep and grab around for rocks at the bottom of the lake or ocean and see how far you can throw them to the shore. This friendly family competition becomes a workout for the shoulders and abdominals (particularly the obliques). Before you know it, you’re exercising and burning calories.
- Pack a mask and some fins and snorkel. It’s not going to be this high-end cardiovascular workout, but it does keep the body moving. You’re using big muscle groups and the fins add increased resistance. It’s great work for the back extensors, the lower limbs, and the trunk.
- Throwing a Frisbee around and running in sand is a killer workout. Getting a group tog...
Click here to read the rest of this article from The Healthy Voyager