Eco-Friendly Camping Supplies Honolulu HI
Ward Gateway Center, 333 Ward Avenue
Golf Day Shop, Golf Simulator, Golf Trade-In Program, Ski-Snowboard/Bike Tech Shop, Firearms/Hunting, Hunting and Fishing Licenses, Delivery & Assembly
Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 9:30pm Friday - Saturday: 9:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
Holiday hours may vary.
Charley`s Fishing Supply Inc
670 Auahi Street
O Kay Fishing Supplies
1011 Ala Moana Boulevard
Security Equipment Corporation
1322 Young Street
Roots & Relics
249 Merchant Street
Sea Products Inc
Aloha Fishing Supply
1125 Ala Moana Boulevard Suite E
940 Queen Street
802 Prospect Street Suite 102
1149 South King Street
Adhering to the summer theme, what’s more summer appropriate then camping? Whether you rough it, tent it, camper or rv it, you tend to not have all the comforts and accoutrement of home when you’re sleeping under the stars. Because of that is is very easy to fall into a rut of convenience store food, cooler snacks and campfire munchies. This can lead to sleepless nights as well as fatigue. A bad combo if you will be hiking, boating or engaging in any physical activities that require you to be alert and on your toes. Below are some tips to green up, health up and make the most of your next venture into the wild!:
- Eat your veggies! Yep, that’s one thing that is incredibly hard to do when you’re living out of a cooler. Fruit is fairly easy to come by but getting your greens is near impossible. So, make sure you pack some Healthy To Go Go Greens! These green apple flavored packets of nutrition not only taste good but each packet gives you your recommended 6 servings of green veggies in just a few tasty gulps! Mix in with you water bottle and get your veggies while you hike or just hang out. They are vegan with no chemicals or unpronounceable stuff as well as gluten free, great for kids, etc. They also offer vitamin C packs, green tea energy packs, omega packs and more. AND if you order a big box, they send you a BPA free bottle for free ; ) Bring a pack for every day you plan to be away. You will be glad you did ; )
- Drink lots of water!! Activities in the hot sun are a killer mix for rapid dehydration. Keep liquefied and cool. Bring a bunch of water from home in reusable or recyclable gallons. Invest in a hand pump for the 5 gallon bottles as it makes it way easier to refill little bottles or wash dishes. It comes in really handy to fill a bowl to wash your face and brush your teeth you don’t want to hit the community sinks or when they just aren’t available ; ) Be sure to dump “gray water” in designated areas, away from fresh water sources and not in the bushes.
- Stock up on healthy snacks. Hangin‘ out with friends around your camp site is always great with some tasty beverages and food. Load up on organic chips and salsa or guacamole as well as hummus with chilled cucumber chips. Grill up pre-made veggie skewers that can be easily made at home and packed in foil and put on ice for the trip. When away from your site, bring bars like vega, purefit, goodonyas or laras to keep your hunger at bay without killing your insulin levels. Lots of great snack options can be found on the Healthy Voyager Approved directory ; )
- Pack as much as you can in reusable bags or storage. This way you decrease disposable food packaging.
- For some of us it’s tough to completely fall off the grid! Keep you cell phones, ipods and computers charged with the sun! Use solar panels instead of generators, crank or shakable flashlights and crank radios. Replace disposable batteries with...
Click here to read the rest of this article from The Healthy Voyager